Person Specification – Driver, East Surrey Dial-a-Ride
Provide a driving service to our members, covering all routes within the Tandridge Area, assisting passengers when needed and ensuring buses are kept clean and tidy. Acting as an ambassador for the charity ensuring passengers feel welcome and safe on our buses
- Collect and drop off members in and around the Tandridge area in 12 seat minibuses
- Drive passengers on organised trips and days out
- Assist passengers and in and out of the buses where necessary
- Liaise with office staff regarding pick-ups and drop-offs and any unforeseen circumstances
- Ensure buses are kept clean and tidy
- Carry out a daily check prior to use and report any faults as soon as possible
- Handle money during duty hours
Experience Required or preferred
- Must have a D1 or PSV licence
- Should be physically fit and able to dive a mini bus up to 17 seats
- Ability to engage with passengers and make them feel welcome
- Once employed drivers are tutored by a senior staff member for between 4 -8 weeks regarding local routes and to meet the requirements of the passengers.
- Drivers will be monitored and assisted during their probationary period.
- Drivers are required to take a MIDAS test every three years (Minibus driver awareness scheme) to assess driving skills and provide instruction on wheelchair security within the bus.
- Each driver has to pass an enhanced DBS check. (Disclosure and Barring Service)